Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bad Things Come In Fives....

It's school time again. Zakary started preschool this year. He has school on Tuesday and Thursday, and he loves it. Corie starts 4th grade this year, but the exciting news (in her opinion) is that she had two trips to the emergency room due to an infected toe. They lanced it on the first trip and removed the toenail on the second trip. It seems to be healing without further complications, but it's really gross to look at. Eric and I have exciting news also... our washing machine broke, then our Taurus broke, and then our Rav 4 broke, and then our Taurus broke again, and we had to cancel our vacation plans so that Eric can work overtime to pay for all our broken stuff. Talk about being bummed out! I'd start drinking, but I can't afford it.


We had two new additions to our household: Butterfly and Fish. We found Butterfly in our yard. It was missing some leg parts and two wings, and was so pitiful that we had to take it in. We had it about 2.5 weeks, and I was just about to give it to my mother-in-law (who was begging us for it) when it passed away. Sorry Mom. We will keep an eye out for another mutilated insect for ya. Fish is still alive and well. Zakary never named it, so I did ("Fish"). Eric's name choice for the Beta was "Master Beta", but I didn't feel like explaining that one to the kids. Fish is Zakary's reward for successful potty-pooping. Corie is working on earning a fish of her own, because Fish looks lonely in his tank. She wants to name it "Sticks", but I was hoping for "Chips". What do you think? Fish & Chips or Fish Sticks?


1 comment:

Eric said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a while (sorry!), but I have to comment on this one. "Master Beta" is just awesome! I'm really disappointed you didn't go with that. As for the second fish... I'd have to vote for "Chips".

Hope all is well!